Relieving the pain of headaches
If you are among the millions of Americans who suffer from chronic headache
pain, you know how disruptive it can be to every aspect of daily living.
At Dallas Regional Medical Center, our care is focused on finding the
source of headache pain and developing a long-term solution to alleviate
pain. Dallas Regional Medical Center doctors perform a thorough evaluation
that includes a physical examination and diagnostic tests, such as blood
tests, or MRI or CT scans, to determine the cause of headache pain. Our
specialists have access to the latest diagnostic technology to help them
design an individualized plan of care.
Dallas Regional Medical Center’s multidisciplinary care addresses
the physical, emotional and environmental factors that cause headaches
to develop a comprehensive plan to relieve the pain. We provide diagnosis
and treatment for chronic headaches, migraines, and cluster and tension
headaches. Treatment options can include:
- Preventive or pain management medications.
- Lifestyle modifications, such as diet, exercise and stress management.
- Treatment of other conditions that contribute to headaches, such as sleep
disorders or side effects of other treatments.
- Pain management therapies.
- Evidence-based complementary therapies, such as acupuncture, biofeedback
and relaxation techniques.